Aug 1, 2009

blog party @ Shimelle.com!!

I was oh-so lucky to be invited to take part in the weekend long party going on at shimelle.com. blush*blush I got to play with the photography printables that are part of the Go To Press class, an online exclusively at TwoPeas in a Bucket. So here is my project! I created a set of tags using the printables. Super easy to print and use!! ** All of the printables for this project were printed onto Kraft cardstock.**



I just adore photo negatives, so when I saw that the printables included 2 sets in different sizes, I knew exactly how I wanted to use them! They are the perfect sizes for tags! Her class is all about stress free scrapbooking, which I think is super fabulous, because scrabooking shouldn't be hard or difficult!!! Just fun, easy and pretty!!!



My book is called Life Through a Double Lens, it's a photography journal about TTV photography. A place where I can include my photos and take notes, write down ideas and add to it as I go.





I also found my old box of actual negatives, and cut the edges to sew into some of my tags. Yes, I love my sewing machine! I sort of challenged myself to use the left overs from some projects that I've been working on this week, and because I never throw anything away, I had lots of little bits and pieces of paper and embellies. I'm such a pack rat! Every pretty little piece of paper got sewn onto a tag, until I was content with the overall look.





Hope you enjoyed the photos of my newest creation!! I'll be sharing more as I add my photos from this summer to it! xoxo~ T

18 comments:

Dave said...

This is gorgeous!!!
very impressed!

Gigi said...

absolutely STUNNING!!!
so happy i clicked on over here to see this...so wonderful!

happy weekend! & thanks for sharing your gorgeous art!

gigi

cupcake studio said...

What a beautiful project...wow!

Daniela Dobson said...

This is adorable. Love all the little details!

NicNacManiac said...

Awesome...love the way you layer and work with color!! fabulous!!!

scrappycarrie said...

What a fabulous mini book. Love how you have incorporated the printables and can't wait for this class to start

Amber Letuli said...

Very lovely!

nataly*oh said...

love your idea of the photograph journal & the way you make each of the side. gorgeous!

domestic goddess said...

stunning tara, love what you did with the printables and negatives, such a great idea!
Anna x

Lisa Russell said...

SO pretty! Love all of the little scraps together, and the bundled embellies all in one place!!

Gale said...

BEAUTIFUL.

Unknown said...

This is so inspiring. Thank you so much for sharing!

Pam said...

This is awesome! I cannot wait to see more of this project. Please keep us posted on this.
I've got you bookmark'd.

Alicia A said...

Okay I really want some of those little photos you have taken! I adore them!

Mira Belleza said...

They came out really nice! I love all of the different layers in each piece.

bethchien said...

That is the most stunning, inspirational work ever!!!!
B

GretaB said...

Stunning! So beautiful with all the textures and layers. :)

Anonymous said...

what a beautiful project!!