Aug 31, 2010

it's a wrap

I, Tara Anderson, am officially caught up with all current deadlines! Huge sigh of relief!! This is the best feeling, knowing that everything that needed to happen is finished, and I have a week now to prepare. I have to disappear for awhile in order to really accomplish anything as I'm easily distracted by..... ohhh what's that!

See what I mean? :)

This weekend, I shot almost 600 photos, wrapped up some of the biggest projects I've ever done and started a to-do list for this week. Here's a peek into what my weekend was all about. I do wish I could share more, but not until Christmas.



So celebrating a mini-Christmas of sorts was alot of fun this past week, but I have to get my head out of the clouds!! We're still going strong in the midst of summer and if we're lucky enough we may have a wishful Autumn in just a couple of months. I say wishful, because here in the desert there is no Autumn season, so you have to get creative and make believe that it's Fall outside! I will say though, that Starbucks Pumpkin Spice Lattes are definitely helping add to that wishful Fall-ish feeling. :)

That leads me to my question of the night. What is your favorite part of the Fall season? Is it a certain color combination? Or, maybe a pumpkin and nutmeg spice candle? Oak trees turning colors? Is there something new you've discovered about the season that you're head over heels about? I would love to know!!!

14 comments:

Nicole Austin said...

i love the smell of the night time air. a mix of smoke and decaying leaves. wonderful and fragrant. reminds me of my childhood! :)

Paz said...

Cant wait to see this lovely Christmas stuff! Me being an east coaster would never be able to live without the fall or winter. There is just this whole vibe that fall gives off, a sense of comfy, and also that beginning of hibernation feeling. Then of course there are the smells and visuals of fall, its one of my favorite seasons:)

Bonnie said...

I love driving down (or up!) a tree-lined road with the leaves falling and looking in the rear-view mirror to see a spiral of leaves blowing in the air....I love it when my kids jump head first into a massive pile of leaves and rustle around like little squirrels! Mostly I love the cool autumn days and being at the nature reserve!

Meghann Andrew said...

My favorite part of fall is definitely the food. =) I love pumpkin anything, and warm casseroles & crock pot dinners are the best!

j. wilson said...

heehee...i know what yer doing. (smile) for me, it's the light. fall light is simply magical. i would love to have pumpkin spiced latte with ya!

Dawn McVey (dawnsing) said...

Oh Tara, for me, it's all of it. The comfort foods like soups and chili and warm banana bread, my hubs watching football and me sitting beside him reading a good book :) ,beginning to dress in more layers, cozy sweaters and great boots, a favorite pumpkin spice candle, our autumn blaze maple turning a fiery orange-red color, pumpkin spice lattes, the smell of our wood-burning fireplace when we step outside -- it makes the whole cul-de-sac smell wonderful! Ahhh....fall is coming for sure. And when it gets here, it'll get a warm welcome from me. :)

Happy Wednesday, Girly!
~Dawn

Melissa Mann said...

Boy, oh boy! That picture is just wonderful! Love the colors!

Jessica Loughrey said...

the many different colors of leaves

Danielle said...

Fall is my FAVORITE season, so where to begin?.....

lets' start here :
* colors of leaves
* pumpkins
* cinnamon sticks, cloves and orange slices simmering in a pot on the stove
* HALLOWEEN (my favorite holiday)
* pumpkin spice tea and coffee from Tim Horton's & Starbucks xoxo
* fall air and breezes
* scented candles
* sweaters and sweatpants
* flannel pjs
* hot chocolate on the deck, sitting in my pjs
* long walks in the woods/trails
* squashes, and colored corn
* yummy candy corn (Thanks for last year!!!)
* caramel apples
* crocheting fall colored afghans and granny square blankets
* knitting warm socks
* hay bales and sunflowers

I could keep on going, but I think I'll run out of room ehehhehehehehe :)

Christine said...

Yay for catching up on your deadlines! Your Christmas art looks gorgeous!

Pearl Maple said...

Great post, fall is my favorite season, leaves changing colors, spice scented cooking, back to schools and routines, new plans, preparing the home for winter, wood fires and fuzzy sweaters

Keshet said...

I must say, I love the red cups at Starbucks myself--and the leaves changing color. Never tire of that:)

dani said...

Oooh, the smells, the colors, the weather, the textures, the harvest... I just love the crisp feeling it has. A sort of jumpstart after a lazy summer if you will - but at the end of the day being able to really get cozy and warm! :)

Polly McMillan Raymond said...

Ohhh great post - FALL is my fave time of year by far! My most favorite thing is the long shadows of Fall. When your sweet child or a tree casts a shadow in Fall it's super exaggerated....I love when I spy a long shadow as I know Fall is here! The leaves changing makes my heart skip. The summer heat has subsided and pumpkin pie is just around the corner. :)